[FOSDEM] Livestream Fosdem?

Wouter Verhelst wouter at fosdem.org
Fri Mar 15 17:51:37 CET 2013

Hi Michał,

On 15-03-13 09:58, Michał olber wrote:
> Hello
> Which program did you use for live stream? I saw that it was some Linux
> app :)

The video setup at FOSDEM used dvswitch[1] for recording and mixing, and
flumotion for the actual streaming.

The dvswitch suite consists of dvsource (in two variants, which take DV
video from either a file or from a firewire connection and put it on a
TCP connection), dvsink (also in two variants, which take DV video from
a TCP connection and store it in either a file, or hand it to a pipe for
live streaming), and dvswitch itself, a GTK application which visualizes
multiple dvsource streams, allows the user to select the one which will
go live (optionally after applying some effects), and then passes the
mixed output on to one or more dvsink connections.

To pipe the video from dvswitch into flumotion, I used a slightly
patched version of flumotion; patches are at [2].

Any specific plans? ;-)

[1] http://dvswitch.alioth.debian.org/
[2] https://github.com/yoe/flumotion

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy
requires you to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once,