[FOSDEM] CFP for Configuration Management Devroom
dawn at puppetlabs.com
Fri Oct 11 17:58:40 CEST 2013
We would like to encourage people to submit talks for the
Configuration Management devroom, which is being held at FOSDEM on
Saturday, February 1.
We are looking for talks from real world case studies, brainstorming
and hacking around configuration and systems management from complex
virtual environments and cloud computing to desktops and laptops.
There is huge interest in automation, monitoring, performance
management, configuration management, and DevOps. We are looking for
presentations from people who are working in the field on these
* Configuration and Systems Management theory & principles
* Configuration and Systems Management tools - with an emphasis on
real world use cases
* Techniques and case studies
* Audit, Compliance and Security
* Various DevOps topics, including collaboration and training tips.
As most of you already know, they are asking everyone to use Pentabarf
for submissions this year. Here's what you need to do to submit a talk
to the Configuration Management Devroom:
* Go to https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/
* Select FOSDEM 2014
* Follow the instructions to submit a talk
* Select "Configuration management devroom" as the "track".
* Propose your session.
Configuration Management Devroom Deadlines:
* 1/12/2013 : Devroom CFP Ends
* 13/12/2013 : Speakers notified
* 30/12/2013 : Agenda published on FOSDEM site
We also holding CfgMgmtCamp.eu right after FOSDEM on February 3 - 4 in
Gent (a 30 min train ride from Brussels). This is an event for people
interested in Open Source Configuration management to meet each other.
CfgMgmtCamp.eu will be the event where different communities will meet
and exchange ideas both internally and within the broader community.
CfgMgmtCamp.eu will have different rooms for each community,
hackspaces, trainings, workshops and a general track with keynotes all
about Configuration Management topics.
You can get the details here:
More information about the FOSDEM