[FOSDEM] Videos file structure

Wouter Verhelst wouter at fosdem.org
Mon Feb 3 15:10:19 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 03, 2014 at 01:45:38PM +0000, d1ynsc2+jh0p0k at guerrillamail.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm wondering how the video files are being organized in:
> https://video.fosdem.org/2014/

They're not currently very organized. This will be fixed soon.

> The directory "doc" contains two PDF (help?) files but they are broken.
>
> Is there a better way than random trying a file to watch a specific talk?

When they're all ready for release (hopefully soon ;-), we'll update the
FOSDEM website to link directly to the video files with an HTML5 <video>
tag.

You can see how this works at last year's talks that were recorded;
e.g.:
https://archive.fosdem.org/2013/schedule/event/scaling_php_with_hiphop/

Give us a few days to recover from FOSDEM, and hopefully things will
start improving soon!

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/