[FOSDEM] schedule as single A3 page per day

Tias Guns tias at fosdem.org
Sat Mar 22 14:35:51 CET 2014

On 03/21/2014 02:20 PM, Christian Huldt wrote:

> On 03/21/2014 10:10 AM, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
>> On 03/18/2014 02:42 PM, Richard Hartmann wrote:
>>> Hi Michael,

>>> Going through old emails atm; are you still interested in helping out?
>>> _Now_ is good as there won't be any last minute rush :)
>> Well, the only thing I can provide here is the screenshot&paste draft
>> to have
>> one day's schedule on one single A3 page (or two A4 pages to stick
>> together).
>> Unfortunately, I'm unable to actually provide the implementation.
> How are the schedules produced today?

On our nanoc based website: in ruby using prawn:
https://github.com/FOSDEM/website/blob/master/lib/helpers/pdf.rb

There are quite a few settings that could be tweaked, only after FOSDEM
did I take a closer look at it and made the a3 one somewhat more
suitable. More should be possible by playing with the code.

I also wrote a python/latex proof-of-concept for the booklet
(post-FOSDEM). It is built with the idea that a full day should fit
vertically on a page; see attached (in a5).
The booklet code is not in a public repo; but I doubt that is intentional.

If you have ideas or want to get involved, just shout.

Kind regards,
Tias