[FOSDEM] Software Defined Radio Track -- Call for Participation

Martin Braun martin.braun at ettus.com
Mon Oct 20 20:13:14 CEST 2014

Dear friends and colleagues,

next year's FOSDEM (the free and open source developer's meeting in
Brussels, Europe) will, once again, feature a  track on Software Defined
Radio.
Therefore, we invite developers and users from the free software radio
community to join us for this track and present your talks or demos.

Software Radio has become an important tool to allow anyone access the
EM spectrum. Using free software radio libraries and applications and
cheap  hardware, anyone can now start hacking on wireless
communications, remote sensing, radar or other applications. At FOSDEM,
we hope to network all these projects and improve collaboration, bring
new ideas forward and get more people involved.

The track's web site resides at:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/FOSDEM15

Here, we will publish updates and the final schedule.

** Submit your presentations

To suggest a talk, go to https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM15
and follow the instructions. You need to create an 'Event'; make sure
it's in the Software Defined Radio track! Lengths aren't fixed, but give
a realistic estimate and please don't exceed 30 minutes unless you have
something special planned (in that case, contact one of us). Also, don't
forget to include time for Q&A.
Typical slot lengths would be 30 Minutes including QA.

You aren't limited to slide presentations, of course. Be creative.
However, FOSDEM is an open source conference, therefore we ask you to
stay clear of marketing presentations. Of course, we like nitty-gritty
technical stuff.

We will reserve time for interactiveness, it won't all be talks.

** Important Dates

FOSDEM is January 31st & February 1st 2015.

- December 1st 2014: Submission Deadline
- December 19th 2014: Speaker Notification
- January 7th 2015: Announcement of final schedule
- February 1st 2015: SDR Track

** Steering Committee

The track committee consists of:
* Philipp Balister (OpenEmbedded / OpenSDR)
* Martin Braun (GNU Radio)
* Sylvain Munaut (OsmoCom)

Hope to hear from you soon!

Martin