[FOSDEM] visas and invitation letters

Johan van Selst johans at fosdem.org
Mon Dec 21 19:30:25 CET 2015

Daniel Pocock wrote:
> I found an old FOSDEM FAQ that says FOSDEM only provides the letters for
> main track speakers and that other participating organizations should
> provide the letters for any other guests.  Is that still the case?

This is still the case. The FAQ has also returned to the site,
https://fosdem.org/2016/faq/

For main track speakers, FOSDEM may arrange accomodation during the
event, cover reasonable travel expenses (agreed in advance) and write
formal inivitations that may help in obtaining visa. FOSDEM does not
provide this for other speakers, volunteers or visitors.

Regards,
Johan