[FOSDEM] SDN/NFV DevRoom: Call for participation!
dneary at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 01:03:38 CET 2015
Some copy & paste errors crept into my previous announcement of the
SDN/NFV DevRoom - can you replace the link on the CFP page with this
We are pleased to announce the Call for Participation in the FOSDEM
2016 Software Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualization
* Nov 18: Deadline for submissions
* Dec 1: Speakers notified of acceptance
* Dec 5: Schedule published
This year the DevRoom topics will cover two distinct fields:
* Software Defined Networking (SDN), covering virtual switching, open
source SDN controllers, virtual routing
* Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), covering open source network
functions, NFV management and orchestration tools, and topics related to
the creation of an open source NFV platform
We are now inviting proposals for talks about Free/Libre/Open Source
Software on the topics of SDN and NFV. This is an exciting and growing
field, and FOSDEM gives an opportunity to reach a unique audience of
very knowledgeable and highly technical free and open source software
Topics accepted include, but are not limited to:
* SDN controllers - OpenDaylight, OpenContrail, ONOS, Midonet, OVN,
OpenStack Neutron,Calico, IOvisor, ...
* Dataplane processing: DPDK, OpenDataplane, netdev, netfilter, ClickRouter
* Virtual switches: Open vSwitch, Snabb Switch, VDE, Lagopus
* Open network protocols: OpenFlow, NETCONF, OpenLISP, eBPF, P4, Quagga
* Management and Orchestration (MANO): Deployment and management of
network functions, policy enforcement, virtual network functions
definition - rift.io, Cloudify, OpenMANO, Tacker, ...
* Open source network functions: Clearwater IMS, FreeSWITCH, OpenSIPS, ...
* NFV platform features: Service Function Chaining, fault management,
dataplane acceleration, ...
Talks should be aimed at a technical audience, but should not assume
that attendees are already familiar with your project or how it solves a
general problem. Talk proposals can be very specific solutions to a
problem, or can be higher level project overviews for lesser known projects.
Please include the following information when submitting a proposal:
The title of your talk (please be descriptive, as titles will be
listed with around 250 from other projects)
Short abstract of one or two paragraphs
Short bio (with photo)
The deadline for submissions is November 18th 2015. FOSDEM will be held
on the weekend of January 30-31 2016 and the SDN/NFV DevRoom will take
place on Sunday, January 31st 2016. Please use the following website to
submit your proposals:
(you do not need to create a new Pentabarf account if you already have
one from past years).
You can also join the devroom’s mailing list, which is the official
communication channel for the DevRoom: network-devroom at lists.fosdem.org
(subscription page: https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/network-devroom)
– The Networking DevRoom 2016 Organization Team
Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy
Open Source and Standards, Red Hat - http://community.redhat.com
Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338
More information about the FOSDEM