[FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2016: Mozilla DevRoom Call for Papers

Francisco Picolini fpicolini at mozilla.com
Thu Oct 29 11:23:47 CET 2015

Hello all,

One more year FOSDEM <https://fosdem.org/2016/> is coming. Mozilla has
been present since 2003, and next year we will have a Mozilla Room again.

*This is a call for all people interested in Mozilla to propose your
talks for FOSDEM.*

Like we did last year, our idea is to propose some topics that will be
aligned with Mozilla goals for 2016.

We will have our devroom only one day (on Saturday), so please note that
we cannot assure that your talk will be selected due to agenda constrains.

If you want, you can propose a talk for the other dev-rooms in pentabarf
<https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM16>.

_*Topics*_

The topics that we want to cover for this next edition are:

  * Privacy/Advocacy
  * Games/VR
  * Hello/WebRTC
  * Firefox Desktop
  * Firefox for Android
  * Firefox for iOS
  * Developer Tools
  * Firefox OS
  * Open Web Services
  * Localization
  * Webcompat
  * Add-ons

Other talks are allowed as usual, but we will be focusing on these topics.
For budgeting reasons, we will be only available to sponsor volunteers
from Europe (and some surrounding countries) and that will apply also
for speakers, so please be aware of this when you submit your proposal.

If you feel that you are not able to talk in public, or too shy, you can
suggest topics/talks for the Mozilla devroom on the public etherpad
<https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/FOSDEM2016-Proposals>.
_*
Important Information*_

Duration of the talks: 30 minutes including Q&A
*Deadline: December 4th.*
Acceptance notifications: December 18th.

Presentations will be recorded and streamed, so sending your proposal it
will imply that you accept and give permission for this. Note that
recording will be published under the same license as all FOSDEM content
(cc-by), however, exceptions could be requested.

To submit your proposal, visit https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM16

If you have previously send a proposal for FOSDEM, you should probably
have a pentabarf account. So we kindly suggest you to not create a new
one. If you forgot your password, please reset it. If this
is your first time using pentabarf, go ahead and create an account.

After you have your account configured (you will receive a confirmation
email), create the event, and click on "Show all" in the top right
corner to diplay the full form. When submitting your talk in
pentabarf, make sure to select "Mozilla devroom" as track, and include
the following information:

  * The title and subtitle of your talk
  * A short abstract of one paragraph
  * A longer description if you wish to do so
  * Links to related websites/blogs etc

Regards,

--
Francisco Picolini