[FOSDEM] It's time for a Code of Conduct

Sanel Zukan sanelz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 13:29:06 CET 2015

Andreia Gaita <shana.ufie at gmail.com> writes:
> Wow, I can't believe I just read this. I was already extremely disappointed
> by the way this thread was going, but this is some really out there BS.
> This is not a question of "Why". It's a question of "When". If you're
> asking why, especially in shocked, appaled or sarcastic tones, you
> seriously should take it upon yourselves to rethink your attitude towards
> other people and maybe realize that being an unempathetic asshole might

You are perfect example why moderation and code of conduct exists after
all: using offending way with bad wording to promote own agenda.

And you said for yourself that you are trying to to promote dialog? I'm
not sure who needs to rethink attitude here.

> work well when you're chugging beers with your mates, but doesn't really
> help towards making the tech environment a place where everybody can feel
> safe and supported.
>
> You want to know why a code of conduct is needed? Because of you, that's
> why.

Really? Go and re-read your post and tone please.

S.