[FOSDEM] Hotel based on location near of event ?

Wouter Verhelst wouter at fosdem.org
Tue Dec 13 12:54:10 CET 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 11:37:39PM +0000, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 02:52:26PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali Shah wrote:
> >    hotelsA https://fosdem.org/2017/practical/accommodation/
> >    which are near to event ? best for walking distance ..
>
> Brussels has an excellent public transport system.
>
> Most people book accommodation in the centre of the city, as that's
> where they want to be every evening.  There are plenty of hotels
> with rooms available at reasonable rates at that time of year.

Actually, I believe you'll find that whereas the city center is a fairly
touristy region, and that as a result there are quite a number of hotels
to be found in the neighbourhood, the same cannot be said for the
environment of the Franklin Rooseveltlaan and the Campus Solbosch, and
that as a result there are simply not that many hotels in the region of
the ULB.

If you really want to stay within walking distance of the ULB, I think
your best bet is to use something like couchsurfing or AirBNB.

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,