[FOSDEM] Fake passport at FOSDEM 2016 keysigning?

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 2 17:18:49 CET 2016

As some organisations allow penetration testing to see if their security
is in order, something similar could be set up for the key signing,
*with* prior knowledge of the FOSDEM organisation and an infrastructure
in place to revoke it at the end of the key signing.

So, for example, one person and only one person, in collaboration with
the organisation, is in there with a fake ID, ID from some else or
incorrect key or whatever. He or she is there in order to validate that
the process works correctly.

An ID with SPECIMEN written all over it is in my view not presenting a
fake document as real, as it is stating that it is a specimen. When
someone does not notice it, then it is about the intention and the
damage done. The intention is to improve the process and the damage done
is zero. So this will, in my layman's view, not something you will get a
conviction over, but you can waste time and money with it.