[FOSDEM] Fake passport at FOSDEM 2016 keysigning?

John Sullivan johns at fsf.org
Fri Feb 5 02:38:57 CET 2016

Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.pro> writes:

> - don't blame the user, blame the training.  Can more be done to train
> people, or is this very exercise the best training?

In the US, bartenders, bouncers, and restaurant servers have books full
of samples of valid IDs from the different states. They have lights that
show the special markings. They go to training. They still get fooled.

I suggest people stop relying on ID. It makes the web of trust pretty
meaningless. "trust" <> "I looked at what they told me was their ID
once".

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://my.fsf.org/join>.