[FOSDEM] more problems with visa letters

Wouter Verhelst wouter at fosdem.org
Mon Jan 25 09:55:13 CET 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 11:54:01AM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> That message wasn't asking them to do such a thing, it was only written out
> of respect for those contributors to our community who either can't attend or
> have to waste a significant amount of time and energy on such things in order
> to do so.

Be that as it may, we (FOSDEM) are not going to put ourselves at risk of
legal problems just so we can make it easier for people to attend.

If we *can* make it easier for people to attend *without* putting FOSDEM
vzw at risk of legal repercussions in case a person we don't actually
know disappears, we will do so. Writing formal invitation letters from
an automated website doesn't fit that bill, however.

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26