[FOSDEM] FOSDEM'18 Rust Devroom Call for Participation
itkovian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 10:57:11 CEST 2017
# FOSDEM'18 Rust Devroom Call for Participation
When: Sunday, 4 February 2018
Where: Brussels, Belgium.
Welcome to the 1st edition of the Rust devroom, co-located with FOSDEM
2018 (https://fosdem.org/2018/). FOSDEM is an annual conference about
free and open source software, attended by over 5000 developers and
open-source enthusiasts from all over the world.
The devroom is a colocated conference-within-a-conference that gives us
the opportunity to come together and chat, hack, and share stories about
Rust usage in FLOSS ecosystems.
The devroom will take place on Sunday, 4 February 2018, at
ULB (Campus Solbosch) (https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1632534522),
in Brussels, Belgium. Join us to enjoy a full day of talks, demos and interesting
discussions on Rust.
Sounds interesting? Submit your talk proposal below and see you in Brussels!
We welcome any talk proposals about Rust-related projects.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The Rust language
- Recent features and future roadmap
- Architecting large projects
- Rust usage across FLOSS projects (Tor, VLC, Gnome, Firefox, etc.)
- Projects written in Rust (show and tell, architecture and API design)
- Build tools (cargo, clippy, rustfmt, etc.)
- Packaging libraries and executables written in Rust
- Profiling, FFI, etc.
- Documentation and education initiatives
- Community initiatives
- How to contribute
- RFC process
Slots will be allocated for short (20 minutes) and long (40 minutes) talks.
Speakers need to specify their preferred format. Both include time for
questions and answers.
Depending on number of submissions and topics, submitters could be
asked for a different format instead.
We invite authors to submit original, high-quality work with
sufficient background material to be clear to the Rust community.
Please be aware of the fact that Devroom talks at FOSDEM will be recorded.
By submitting a proposal you agree to being recorded and to have your talk
Submissions must include:
- Session type
- Session length
- Expected prior knowledge / intended audience
- Speaker bio
- Links to code / slides / material for the talk (optional)
- Links to previous talks by the speaker
Submit here: https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM18
When submitting your talk in Pentabarf, make sure to select
the 'Rust Devroom' as the 'Track'.
If you already have a Pentabarf account from a previous FOSDEM edition,
please reuse it. Create an account if, and only if, you don't have one from a
previous year. If you have any issues with Pentabarf, do not despair: contact
rust [dash] devroom [at] lists.fosdem.org
- Call for papers available: 13 October 2017
- Call for participation closes: 24 November 2017
- Devroom schedule available: 15 December 2017
- Devroom day: Sunday 4 February 2018 (09:00 to 17:00)
## Devroom Organizers
* [Andy Georges](https://github.com/iktovian) - [HPC team at Ghent University](https://www.vscentrum.be/)
* [Ewan Higgs](https://github.com/ehiggs) - [Western Digital](http://www.wdc.com)
* [Luca Bruno](https://github.com/lucab) - [CoreOS](http://coreos.com/)
Please, take a moment to read the [FOSDEM Code of Conduct](https://fosdem.org/2018/practical/conduct/).
Hope to see you there,
Andy, Ewan, Luca
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP
The content of all messages is the sole responsibility of the author.
More information about the FOSDEM