[FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2018 Monitoring & Cloud devroom - CFP
carl.bergquist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 12:21:42 CEST 2017
# Monitoring & Cloud devroom at FOSDEM 2018
FOSDEM 2018 will take place during the weekend of February 3rd-4th 2018.
details about the event can be found at http://fosdem.org/
# Call For Participation
The Monitoring & Cloud developer room is devoted to all things monitoring.
Presentation topics could include:
Monitoring cloud native services
Running container platforms/orchestrator
Application performance management
Cultural aspects of building good monitoring.
Anything regarding Metrics/Logs/Distributed tracing
Monitoring tools and technologies
Talks should be either
25min followed by 5min Q&A
5min lighting talk
- 26 Nov 2017: submission deadline for talk proposals
- 15 Dec 2017: announcement of the final schedule
- 3 Feb 2018: Monitoring and Cloud devroom (Saturday)
Talk proposals will be reviewed by a steering committee:
Carl Bergquist, Ben Kochie , Brian Brazil, Fabian Stäber, Ihor
# Submit your proposal
Use the FOSDEM 'pentabarf' tool to submit your proposal:
- If necessary, create a Pentabarf account and activate it.
Please reuse your account from previous years if you have
already created it.
- In the "Person" section, provide First name, Last name
(in the "General" tab), Email (in the "Contact" tab)
and Bio ("Abstract" field in the "Description" tab).
- Submit a proposal by clicking on "Create event".
- Important! Select the "Monitoring and Cloud" track (on the "General" tab).
- Provide the title of your talk ("Event title" in the "General" tab).
- Provide a description of the subject of the talk and the
intended audience (in the "Abstract" field of the "Description" tab)
- Provide a rough outline of the talk or goals of the session (a short
list of bullet points covering topics that will be discussed) in the
"Full description" field in the "Description" tab
- Provide an expected length of your talk in the "Duration" field. Please
count at least 5 minutes of discussion into your proposal.
Recording of talks
The FOSDEM organizers plan to have live streaming and recording fully
both for remote/later viewing of talks, and so that people can watch streams
in the hallways when rooms are full. This requires speakers to consent to
being recorded and streamed. If you plan to be a speaker, please understand
that by doing so you implicitly give consent for your talk to be recorded
streamed. The recordings will be published under the same license as all
FOSDEM content (CC-BY).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOSDEM