[FOSDEM] Hardware Enablement Devroom Call for Participation
gicmo at gnome.org
Mon Oct 30 17:05:28 CET 2017
FOSDEM 2018 Hardware Enablement Devroom Call for Participation
* Conference date : 3 & 4 February 2018 in Brussels, Belgium
* Devroom date : Sunday 4 February 2018
* Submission deadline : Sunday 26 November 2017
* Speaker notified : Sunday 10 December 2017
In this devroom we want to discuss topics surrounding hardware
enablement. Subjects can range from the firmware running on the bare
metal machine, drivers and plumbing all the way to the user interface.
We welcome a board range of presentations, including but not limitied
to technical talks, state of union summaries as well as discussions
that facilitate the collaboration between community members, software
vendors and OEMs. A particular emphasis will be given to talks covering
a significant part of the software stack involved in hardware
enablement, with an obvious focus on using open source throughout the
Visit https://fosdem.org for general information about FOSDEM.
* To cover the wide range of topics we will prefer short talks
(about 15-25 minutes).
Please include at least 5 minutes for discussions and questions.
* Presentations will be recorded and streamed. Sending your proposal
implies giving permission to be recorded. Exceptions may be possible.
* Proposals need to be submitted via pentabarf:
See "Submission" for details.
Topics & Examples
* UX design to enable users to use their HW effectively
- UEFI EDK2 (Tianocore)
- Lockdown of platform using firmware
* Secure Boot
* Hardware testing / certification
* Thunderbolt 3 security modes
* Gaming input devices (keyboards, mice, piper)
* Biometric authentication
* Miracast or controlling remote devices
* Why vendors should facilitate upstream development
The FOSDEM Pentabarf is used for submission and scheduling:
* Please reuse and existing account otherwise register a new one.
* Please provide your full name and email address. If you provide bio
then this will be visible publically.
* Create a new event:
- Select "Hardware Enablement devroom" as the track
- Provide a descriptive title
- Provide a public abstract for your talk
- Add any further information for paper review into the submission
notes (e.g. outline, why this devroom)
More information about the FOSDEM