[FOSDEM] Some feedback

geoffreydebelie geoffreydebelie at zoho.com
Tue Feb 6 21:54:03 CET 2018

And if you really want to attend a talk in person, come one session earlier if you are able to. That way you're almost sure you will get in.

Kind regards,

Geoffrey

---- On di, 06 feb 2018 21:17:26 +0100 Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote ----

If you can't get into the room, technology is there to the rescue nowadays: You can watch live video feeds and a few days later you can watch the ones you missed, because there are so many at the same time.

Jo

FOSDEM at lists.fosdem.org

Hi all,

 there could be more information about parking. Especially if you have a

 camper van or motor home.

 So some hints.

 -If you arrive after 22:00 everything will be closed. No way to enter

 the car park

 -If you arrive to late during the day it'll be full and closed as well

 -There are no parking fees down in Av. Uruguay. Thus possible to stay

 there over night. Tram 94 is close.

 -Parking and even staying in the car over night is OK for 24h

 -Old Diesel cars are not allowed in the city but Camper vans/motor

 homes are

 -Entering the car park with such a car and "camp" there might raise

 questions. There was nobody telling me off or something though.

 Politness and or being a volunteer might help

 -I have no idea about parking fees. I just saw that you have to pay

 everywhere close to ULB and then there were other areas where parking

 was free of charge

 I know it is next to impossible to solve it but very often the rooms

 were to full or even closed due to too many people. I missed three or

 four interesting talks because of that.

 And yeah, there could be more food trucks!

 Cheers,

 Oliver

 FOSDEM at lists.fosdem.org