[FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2019: Free Software Radio Devroom CfP

Martin Braun martin at gnuradio.org
Thu Oct 11 04:16:51 CEST 2018

Dear friends and fans of software defined radio and free/open source
radio topics in general,

next year's FOSDEM (the free and open source developer's meeting in
Brussels, Europe) will, once again, feature a track on Software Defined
Radio and other radio-related topics. To better capture the broad
spectrum (pun intended) of topics, we've chosen the name "Free Software
Radio Devroom" to emphasize we're not limited to SDR frameworks.

We thus invite developers and users from the free software radio
community to join us for this track and present your projects, demos,
hacks, and codes. At FOSDEM, we hope to network all these projects and
improve collaboration, bring new ideas forward and get more people involved.

The track's web site resides at:
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/FOSDEM

Here, we will publish updates and announcements. The final schedule will
be available through Pentabarf and the official FOSDEM website.

** Submit your presentations

To suggest a talk, go to https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM19
and follow the instructions (you need an account, but can use your
account from last year if you have one). You need to create an 'Event';
make sure it's in the Free Software Radio track! Lengths aren't
fixed, but give a realistic estimate and please don't exceed 30 minutes
unless you have something special planned (in that case, contact one of
us). Also, don't forget to include time for Q&A.
We will typically go for 30-minute slots -- shorter talks, unless
they're really short, usually tend to screw up the schedule too much.

You aren't limited to slide presentations, of course. Be creative.
However, FOSDEM is an open source conference, therefore we ask you to
stay clear of marketing presentations and present something relevant to
free/open software. We like nitty-gritty technical stuff.

Topics discussed in this devroom include:

* SDR Frameworks + Tools
* Cellular/telecoms software
* Free/Open SDR hardware
* Wireless security
* Random fun wireless hacks
* SDR in education
* Satellite/spacecraft communication
* Ham radio related topics

** Important Dates

FOSDEM is February 2nd and 3rd, 2019.

* December 7th 2018: Submission Deadline
* December 15th 2018: Schedule is finalized. We will announce the
detailed agenda shortly after that.

The least years we were always full to the brim with presentations, so
if you want to present, please make sure to submit your abstracts soon!

** Steering Committee

The track committee consists of:
* Phil "Crofton" Balister
* Martin "mbr0wn" Braun
* Sylvain "tnt" Munaut

Hope to hear from you soon! And please forward this announcement.

Martin