[FOSDEM] Search devroom at FOSDEM 2019: Call for papers
pk at xeraa.net
Fri Nov 16 23:23:26 CET 2018
Full-text search is everywhere nowadays and FOSDEM 2019 will have a dedicated devroom for search on Sunday the 3rd of February.
We would like to invite submissions of presentations from developers, researchers, and users of open source and free search software. Talk length should be one of 25 or 50 minutes (including questions).
The submission deadline is December 14th with notifications going out by Christmas.
Possible topics include:
* What is the state of full-text search in relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL?
* How are search libraries like Apache Lucene evolving?
* What are current improvements and issues in popular search engines such as Elasticsearch and Solr?
* What is the role of machine learning in search and how do you even measure search quality?
* Which new systems are entering the search market?
* What is the place of client-side search tools like Fuse.js, Js Search, Lunr, and Elasticlunr.js?
* Are there any new break throughs in relevancy or are TF/IDF and BM25 good (enough)?
Please feel free to forward this announcement to any relevant FOSS project.
Submissions should be sent through https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM19.
Looking forward to seeing you all in Brussels!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP
More information about the FOSDEM