[FOSDEM] Laptop video connection testing

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 19 09:59:23 CET 2019

Dear organization,

Thank you very much for yet again organizing a great FOSDEM.
Unfortunately, my Ubuntu laptop refused to share its screen with the
video capturing box. So I had to switch to the laptop that was available
in the room using only a PDF browser and lacking the presentation
software that show the speaker's notes and the next slide.

My laptop normally does connect properly to external screens. Perhaps as
an improvement for next year, could the main desk in K have an extra
video capturing box where speakers can test their laptop's settings
before giving a presentation.

Having a place to test and troubleshoot will reduce the stress before a
presentation and save time in setting up in the room where a
presentation is given. I think, this will greatly improve switching
speakers in the rooms.

Best regards,

Pander