[FOSDEM] [CfP] JavaScript Room 2020

Ludovic Gasc Lemaire gmludo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 08:58:56 CET 2019

Shout-out to the JavaScript community!

After a great day last year
<https://www.meetup.com/VR-LAB-Brussels/events/258616976/> at FOSDEM2019,
there will again be a JavaScript room! We are happy to announce a call for
proposal (CfP) for the new edition coming to Brussels on 1st and 2nd
February 2020!

What you definitely need to know about the CfP:

Deadline: Sunday 24 November 2019, midnight CEST

Announcement of schedule: Monday 16 December 2019

Duration: 20 minutes + 5 minutes for Q&A

Application via Pentabarf: https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM20

Language: English

Code of conduct: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fosdem:2017/Code_of_Conduct

FOSDEM aims to be a free, open and cooperative event. This means we expect
collaboration from all the FOSDEM participants, and for everybody to behave
respectfully towards all others, including those that are different or
think differently from yourself.

Please be helpful, considerate, friendly and respectful towards all other
participants and respect the environment. We don't condone harassment or
offensive behaviour at our conference. We consider it against our values as
human beings. We're voicing our strong, unequivocal support of exemplary
behaviour by all participants.

If you have previously submitted a proposal for FOSDEM, you will most
likely already have a Pentabarf account. If so, the easiest is to reuse it.
If not, create a new account and then click on “Create Event” in the menu
and use that form to submit your proposal. Make sure to select the
“JavaScript devroom” as track, or we will not be able to consider it.
Please make sure to include the following items:

   -

   Title and subtitle of your talk
   -

   Learning outcome(s) or key takeaways
   -

   Duration
   -

   5 lines abstract of your presentation
   -

   Full description of your presentation
   -

   Relevant links to websites, blogs, documentation, and other resources

We are open to any topic related to JavaScript but we are mostly interested
in topics revolving around

   -

   Core language (ES5, ES6, ES7, closure, scope,  etc)
   -

   Tooling (Babel, packing, code quality, etc)
   -

   SPWAs and frameworks (React, ReactNative, Vue, Angular, shadow DOM,
   etc)
   -

   New domain specific frameworks (machine learning, XR, IoT, etc)
   -

   Interaction with other languages (EMScriptem, WASM, etc)
   -

   Wildcard, surprise us!

Please note that for this year unfortunately we do not offer any kind of
funding for the speakers.

Please note that all talks will be streamed live, recorded and made
available through the FOSDEM archives. By sending in your proposal you
agree to these terms. Note that recordings will be published under the same
license as all other FOSDEM content (cc-by), however, exceptions can be
requested and will be reviewed on a one-one basis.

Looking forward to reading your proposals and to make a great dev room
together!

Wanna get inspired? Check out the videos from last year here
<https://video.fosdem.org/2019/H.1308/>!

The JavaScript Dev Room Committee