[FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2020 Testing and Automation devroom CfP
atodorov at otb.bg
Sun Oct 13 08:32:12 CET 2019
CALL FOR PAPERS / PARTICIPATION
After 1 year pause Testing and Automation devroom is coming again to
[FOSDEM](https://fosdem.org/). This room is about building better
software through a focus on testing and automation at all layers of
the stack. From creating libraries and end-user applications all the
way down to packaging, distribution and deployment. Testing and
automation is not isolated to a single toolchain, language or
platform, there is much to learn and share regardless of background!
Since Testing and Automation devroom has been a regular at FOSDEM, here are some
ideas of what we would like to see, and what worked in prior years, they're just
ideas though. Check out the
schedules for inspiration.
### Testing in the real, open source world
* War stories/strategies for testing large scale or complex projects
* Demistyfy resource e.g. systems/device/cloud provisioning in a CI loop
* Tools that extend the ability to test low-level code, for example bootloaders,
init systems, etc.
* Projects that are introducing new/interesting ways of testing "systems"
* Address the automated testing frameworks fragmentation
* Lessons learned from testing
### Cool Tools (good candidates for lightning talks)
* How your open source tool made developing quality software better
* What tools do you use to setup your CI/CD
* Combining projects/plugins/tools to build amazing things "Not enough
people in the open source community know how to use $X, but here's a
tutorial on how to use $X to make your project better."
FOSDEM is hosted at [Université libre de Bruxelles in Brussels,
* CFP Submission Deadline: **23:59 UTC, 10 December 2019**
* Schedule Announced: **15 December 2019**
* Presentations: **1 February 2020**
Please submit one (or more) 30-40 minute talk proposal(s) OR one (or
more) 10 minute lightning talk proposal(s) by **23:59 UTC on December
10th 2019**. We will notify all those submitting proposals about their
acceptance by December 15th 2019.
To submit a talk proposal (you can submit multiple proposals if you'd
like) with [Pentabarf](https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM20),
the FOSDEM paper submission system. Be sure to select `Testing and
Automation` otherwise we won't see it!
You can create an account, or use an existing account if you already have one.
Please note: FOSDEM is a
community event, by and for the community, please ensure your topic is
appropriate (i.e. this isn't the right forum for commercial product
* [A. Todorov](https://github.com/atodorov) - Kiwi TCMS project lead
* [A. Sankov](https://github.com/asankov) - Kiwi TCMS developer
* [A. Roxell](https://github.com/roxell) - Linaro, QA and Kernel Engineer
* [C. Hrubis](https://github.com/metan-ucw) - SUSE
For more/update-to-date information, please see
PS: sending again b/c first time I wasn't subscribed here.
More information about the FOSDEM