[FOSDEM] [CfP] Free Tools and Editors devroom at FOSDEM 2020

Geertjan Wielenga geertjan at apache.org
Tue Oct 15 18:39:23 CET 2019

Dear friends and fans of free tools and editors everywhere!

Next year's FOSDEM (the free and open source developer's meeting in
Brussels, Europe) will for the second time feature a track dedicated to
developers and users of free tools and editors:

https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/track/free_tools_and_editors/
<https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/free_tools_and_editors/>

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

We therefore invite developers and users of free tools and editors of all
kinds to participate in this track and present your projects, roadmaps,
demos, hacks, and codes. At FOSDEM, we hope to network all these projects
and improve collaboration, bring new ideas forward, and get more people
involved.

To suggest a talk, go to the following location:

https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM20
<https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM19>

...and follow the instructions (you need an account, but can use your
account from last year if you have one). You need to create an 'Event’;
make sure it's in the "Free Tools and Editors devroom”. Length per session
will be comparable to last year, see below:

https://archive.fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/free_tools_and_editors/

You aren't limited to slide presentations, of course — in fact, we hope
you’ll focus on code. Be creative. However, FOSDEM is an open source
conference, therefore we ask you to stay very clear of marketing
presentations and focus on presenting something relevant to free/open tools
and editors. We like nitty-gritty technical stuff!

Topics discussed in this devroom can relate to any programming language,
and focus on:

* Libraries and frameworks

* Code generators

* Code editors

* Visual tools

IMPORTANT DATES

FOSDEM is February 1st and 2nd, 2020.

* Sunday 24 November 2019, midnight CEST: Submission Deadline

* Monday 16 December 2019: Schedule is finalized. We will announce the
detailed agenda shortly after that.

* Sunday 2 February 2020: The devroom takes places

FOSDEM is always full to the brim with presentations, so if you want to
present, please make sure to submit your abstracts soon!

CONTACT

The track committee consists of:

Trisha Gee, JetBrains

Lars Vogel, vogella GmbH, representing Eclipse

Geertjan Wielenga, Apache NetBeans

Hope to hear from you soon! And please forward this announcement.

Trisha, Lars, and Geertjan