[FOSDEM] CfP: Open Media devroom
cmassiot at upipe.org
Wed Oct 16 11:59:39 CET 2019
The Open Media devroom will again be organised at FOSDEM 2020, and we are looking for propositions of talks and panels. FOSDEM is one of the largest (8,000+ hackers!) gatherings of Free and Open Source Software contributors in the world and happens each February in Brussels (Belgium, Europe).
This year, the Open Media devroom will take place on:
Sunday, February 2nd, 2020
# About the Open Media devroom
The Open Media room will focus on all Free & Open Source media projects, including software and hardware, spanning from building audio & video applications, through standards, formats, codecs, video analytics and search to Web video, IPTV, broadcasting and radio practices and much more. If you're interested in video, image or audio technologies, and the breadth of available open source technologies and communities for media - the Open Media room is for you!
For more information about the previous year sessions: https://archive.fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/open_media/
# CFP Guidelines
The deadline for submission is: Monday December 2nd, 2019
* To submit your proposal, visit: https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM20
* You will need to create an account (or preferably use your account from previous years) and then go to "create event”, and add the details of your presentation.
* IMPORTANT: Please make sure to select ”Open Media devroom” track for your submission.
* Your submission must include the following information
- The title and subtitle of your talk (please be descriptive).
- A short single paragraph detailing what the talk will discuss, and why attendees should attend it.
- A longer description if you have more details to share.
- Links to related material/websites/blogs etc.
- A biography of yourself.
- If you have a complicated schedule (plane to catch, other talk…) or need an invitation for a visa, please tell us in the submission notes and we will try to accommodate.
* You can submit a session of one of the following formats:
- lightning talk (10 minutes incl. questions),
- regular talk (25 minutes incl. questions),
- workshop (40 minutes or more)
* Selected talks will be notified by December 15th 2019.
* All sessions will be recorded and be made available under CC-BY licence by FOSDEM at https://video.fosdem.org/ .
The official communication channel is the Open Media devroom mailing-list. Join the list at: https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/open-media-devroom
And please don't hesitate to contact us for more information!
Christophe, Ben, Frans and Kieran,
On behalf of the Open Media devroom.
More information about the FOSDEM