[FOSDEM] 20 years of t-shirts - a photo op?

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Wed Jan 8 12:19:15 CET 2020

On ke, 08 tammi 2020, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> Alexander
>
> > I gave a talk and led a workshop at OSDEM 2001. At the time, organizers were
> > saying it is their first international event but that they had some
> > events before at the university.
>
> The first OSDEM session I went to was in 1995. Early talks were about
> the HTTP protocol and a stand up row about MySQL. Some others as well.
> I remember because at that time Eurostar had just been built. All of
> us from England were a bit knocked out about the new train service to
> Brussels. Quite an engineering feat. No idea how all of the OSDEM list
> archive vanished into nowhere.

Raphael did setup OSDEM mailing list in November/December 2000 on his
server. May be there was something else before but the original one is
not available anymore as well.

A bit of historical reference:
https://www.sudo.ws/pipermail/sudo-users/2000-December/000455.html

Too bad we have no archives left...