[FOSDEM] 20 years of t-shirts - a photo op?

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 17:17:23 CET 2020

Raph

> This is such a lie. This is not your memory failing..... Shame on you.

I'm afraid not. RMS was known for not quite telling the truth. As
witnessed by many of my friends when I was organising RMS events
around England and other places. My friends are people like members of
the IET or Institute of Physics and Royal Society of Chemistry or
medical people. In a previous Brussels police interview which took
place in the 1990's. I was questioned about the violent punch up
between a threatening SuSE developer and a quiet and helpful Debian
developer. Which led the police to arresting one or more people on the
campus of the ULB at the time. Which also led to a change in the OSDEM
proceedings in about 2000/2001. Brussels police told me that was going
to happen. It wasn't a secret gathering.

In the present day I see no one threatening anyone. So, whatever took
place someone did the right thing somewhere :)

--
Richard