[FOSDEM] Coronavirus

Gerry Demaret gerry at fosdem.org
Wed Jan 29 13:21:39 CET 2020

On 1/27/20 5:51 PM, hostilius wrote:
> Fosdem brings together people from many places all over the world,
> which is awesome. But the timing of this year's Fosdem is unfortunate.
>
> I suggest to discuss the potential effect of the Coronavirus (2019nCov)
> on Fosdem, and potential measures.

Dear submitter, dear FOSDEM visitors,

Thank you for voicing your concerns.

There is currently no indication that there is a need for concern about
2019-nCoV spreading to attendees at the conference. The Belgian
authorities are closely monitoring the situation, and are prepared to
react quickly should a suspected case pop up:

<https://www.belgium.be/en/news/2020/coronavirus_outbreak_current_status>

We suggest our visitors follow the standard recommendations published by
the World Health Organization (WHO) to reduce exposure to and
transmission of a range of illnesses:

<https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public>

As always, any participant feeling unwell (regardless of 2019-nCoV)
should reconsider their attendance in person.

Best wishes,

Gerry