[FOSDEM] [CFP] Emulator Development Room
blackbeard334 at protonmail.com
Fri Dec 4 20:03:46 UTC 2020
Find the up to date CFP here: https://github.com/blackbeard334/fosdem21-emulator-devroom-cfp
# FOSDEM 21 - Emulator Development Room CFP
We are pleased to announce the opening of the Call for papers for the inaugural edition of the FOSDEM emulator development room.
Due to obvious reasons, the upcoming FOSDEM 21 will take place **online**.
Unfortunate as that might be for some of us, it will also give some travel weary and/or shy -speakers the chance to participate.
### What is FOSDEM?
~~Stolen~~ Borrowed from the website:
_**FOSDEM is a free event for software developers to meet, share ideas and collaborate.**
Every year, thousands of developers of free and open source software from all over the world gather at the event in Brussels. In 2021, they will gather online._
#### Important stuff:
- FOSDEM is free to attend. There is no registration.
- [FOSDEM website](https://fosdem.org/)
- [FOSDEM code of conduct](https://fosdem.org/2021/practical/conduct/)
### Desirable topics
Really **anything** goes, but here are some ideas(for inspiration):
- Console emulator development
- Computer emulator development
- Hardware emulation
- OS emulation development
- Virtual Machine development
- Emulation legality
- Emulation history
#### Desirable speakers
We honestly don't care. Experienced speakers are very welcome, but hobbyists and/or first time speakers are also more than welcome.
### How to submit your proposal
To submit a talk, please visit the [FOSDEM 2021 Pentabarf website](https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM21) (we're not sure whether pentabarf means barfing in 5 directions, or in 5 colors).
Create an **event** and click on **Show all** in the top right corner to display the full form.
### What should be in your submission
- short bio
- contact info
- title(funny titles are appreciated)
- abstract(what you're gonna talk about)
- duration(25 min or 50 min)
### Important Dates
- **December 28th: submission deadline**
- January 6th: announcement selected talks
- February 6th: FOSDEM!
### Contact us
- [Mahmoud Abdelghany](https://twitter.com/blackbeard0x14e)
- [Christophe Creeten](mailto:christophecreeten at hotmail.com)
- [Niels Renard](https://twitter.com/nielsrenard)
- sorry, but the others are too shy ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯
Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com) Secure Email.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
The content of all messages is the sole responsibility of the author.
More information about the FOSDEM