[FOSDEM] CfP: FOSDEM 2021 - JavaScript Devroom

Ludovic Gasc Lemaire gmludo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 21:25:14 UTC 2020

Shout-out to the JavaScript community!

After two successful participations at FOSDEM, the JavaScript devroom is
again present for FOSDEM 2021, the first online edition.

We are happy to announce a call for proposal (CfP) for the new edition
coming online on 6th and 7th February 2021!

The schedule will be published on:

https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/track/javascript/

What you need to know about the CfP:

Key dates

   -

   Submission deadline: 22 December, 2020
   -

   Announcement of selected talks: 31 December, 2020
   -

   Submission of recorded talks: 17 January, 2021
   -

   Conference: 6-7 February, 2021 (online)
   -

      JavaScript Devroom date: Saturday, 6 February, 2021 (online)

Requirements

   -

   Talks will be pre-recorded in advance, and streamed during the event
   -

   Q/A session will be taken live
   -

   A facility will be provided for people watching to chat between
   themselves
   -

   A facility will be provided for people watching to submit questions
   -

   The reference time is Brussels local time (CET)
   <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/belgium/brussels>
   -

   Talk submissions should be 20 minutes + 5 minutes for Q&A

Application via Pentabarf: https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM21

Language: English

Codes of conduct:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fosdem:2017/Code_of_Conduct

https://fosdem.org/2021/practical/conduct/

FOSDEM aims to be a free, open and cooperative event. This means we expect

collaboration from all the FOSDEM participants, and for everybody to behave

respectfully towards all others, including those that are different or

think differently from yourself.

Please be helpful, considerate, friendly and respectful towards all other

participants and respect the environment. We don't condone harassment or

offensive behaviour at our conference. We consider it against our values as

human beings. We're voicing our strong, unequivocal support of exemplary

behaviour by all participants.

If you have previously submitted a proposal for FOSDEM, you will most

likely already have a Pentabarf account. If so, the easiest is to reuse it.

If not, create a new account and then click on “Create Event” in the menu

and use that form to submit your proposal. Make sure to select the

“JavaScript devroom” as track, or we will not be able to consider it.

Please make sure to include the following items:

- Title and subtitle of your talk

- Learning outcome(s) or key takeaways

- 5 lines abstract of your presentation

- Full description of your presentation

- Relevant links to websites, blogs, documentation, and other resources

- Email in your speaker profile

We are open to any topic related to JavaScript but we are mostly interested

in topics revolving around

   - Core language (ES5, ES6, ES7, closure, scope,  etc)

   - Tooling (Babel, packing, code quality, etc)

   - SPWAs and frameworks (React, ReactNative, Vue, Angular, shadow DOM,

   etc)

   - New domain specific frameworks (machine learning, XR, IoT, etc)

   - Interaction with other languages (EMScriptem, WASM, etc)

   - Wildcard, surprise us!

Please note that for this year unfortunately we do not offer any kind of

funding for the speakers.

Please note that all talks will be streamed live, recorded and made

available through the FOSDEM archives. By sending in your proposal you

agree to these terms. Note that recordings will be published under the same

license as all other FOSDEM content (cc-by).

Looking forward to reading your proposals and to make a great dev room

together!

Wanna get inspired? Check out the videos from two previous year here:

https://archive.fosdem.org/2020/schedule/track/javascript/

https://archive.fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/javascript/

The JavaScript Dev Room Committee:

   -