[FOSDEM] Embedded, Mobile and Automotive devroom @FOSDEM2021

Alasdair G Kergon agk at fosdem.org
Mon Dec 21 02:44:15 UTC 2020

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 12:57:08AM +0000, Luke K C Leighton wrote:
>      *there needs to be time allocated to this in the schedule*

I hope there is and we will suggest some ways to do it (and do automated
ffmpeg standardisation ourselves).

> i have some ffmpeg conversion scripts which *sometimes* do the job.
> however i found that - don't laugh - uploading to youtube followed by
> using youtube-dl -f {insert suitable size format} did the conversion
> job extremely well and 100% reliably.
>
> the youtube videos may be marked as "sharable only if someone has the
> link" which keeps them from going public before FOSDEM actually goes
> live.

I'll be surprised if they make it onto youtube any time soon - last time
it took months due to the low upload limits youtube chose to impose on
us.  (We used to have a large upload limit previously but they removed
it presumably because we only do large uploads once a year, and all our
attempts to obtain reinstatement fell on deaf ears.)

Alasdair