[FOSDEM] Google, FSFE, safety of women and volunteers

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Jan 11 15:33:39 UTC 2021

> Some people found out for the first time when a woman posted her blog
> about Matthias Kirschner and workplace bullying.  When these people
> found out the truth, they immediately stopped giving money to FSFE.

this was planned.

folks, there is something that you need to be aware of.  let me put it this
way:

if you were an intelligence agency (pick one) and you looked at how these
projects such as Debian, FSF, GNU, TOR and so on have "principles" which
cannot be bought with money, that compromise that agencies ability to
fulfil their "National Security" agenda, would you sit idly by and do
nothing?

it should be blindingly obvious, to anyone with an ounce of rational common
sense, that the answer is, "well duh of course not".

next questions is, then: what would such an intelligence agency do? what
strategies would they deploy? what tools do they have, and what training do
they get?

the answers are that they have vast funding, they have hacking, they have
disinformation, they have psychological warfare, they have infiltration,
and above all they have training to be PLAUSIBLY DENIABLE. remain in the
shadows, do nothing that leads back directly to them.  attack from multiple
angles, a quick email there, a conversation from an "unrelated" company
there, none of which *look* coordinated in any way.

once infiltrated inside an organisation, their goal is to sow discord,
waste resources, destroy relationships, and render the organisation
ineffective either to its original goals *or* simply raze it to the ground.

compromising an organisation so that it *looks* like it still has integrity
on the outside but instead may be used as a further stepping stone to
compromising and monitoring other free software projects, that is a bonus
for them.

the manipulation that went into Dr Stallman was masterful and executed
beautifully.  lies upon lies in combination with hacking the gnu.org mail
server and Dr Stallman's personal blog, sending fake "outrage" messages to
well-known lists using triple-barrelled fake female names, monitoring and
interception of communications, fueling frenzied outrage from people who
did not know that they are responding and reacting to layer upon layer of
carefully crafted lies, i mean, you have to admire how well it was done.

the point is here: this has been going on for some time.  daniel, because
he has some degree of awareness of these people, has been targetted already
by these teams as a threat to exposing their existence.

i am not going to tell you what you should or should not do, here.  i am
simply making you aware of both the existense of these organisations, and
of the lengths to which they will go.

the sad thing is that if they read up on Robert David Steele they'd find
that collaboration on National Security, in combination with just having an
open conversation with Free Software developers, would get them far better
results.

anyway.  just so you know: i'm not going to respond further on this topic,
in this forum.  the above will suffice.

l.

--
---