[FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2022 ?

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 00:29:34 UTC 2021

On October 8, 2021 11:28:18 PM UTC, Alasdair G Kergon <agk at fosdem.org> wrote:
>On Sat, Oct 09, 2021 at 12:46:14AM +0200, Kristoff wrote:
>> Is there already any news on the planning for FOSDEM 2022?
>
>Date is fixed, first weekend of February, 5th-6th.  Will take place
>online at least, similar to last time, and we're still trying to sort
>out what options we might have for a hybrid event which is what is
>causing the delay in the announcement.

FOSDEM2021 was frickin awesome and a lot of fun. ironically i found it more engaging and productive than in-person events as far as talks were concerned (due to the live chat channel where you can engage directly *with your own audience during your own talk*, and i used this to give a running commentary, and answered questions in real-time)

but definitely missed the camaraderie and random chance meetings and evening meals of the live event.

a hybrid event would mix best of both worlds.

l.