[FOSDEM] [CFP] Emulator Development Room
blackbeard334 at protonmail.com
Mon Nov 29 09:44:13 UTC 2021
for updates check: https://blackbeard334.github.io/fosdem22-emulator-devroom-cfp/
# FOSDEM 22 - Emulator Development Room CFP
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!
The Call for papers for the FOSDEM emulator development room is hereby open!
Due to obvious reasons, the upcoming FOSDEM 22 will take place **online**.
A lot of people (us included) prefer IRL, but safety first, and let's make the best of it!
### What is FOSDEM?
~~Stolen~~/Borrowed from the website:
_**FOSDEM is a free event for software developers to meet, share ideas and collaborate.**
Every year, thousands of developers of free and open source software from all over the world gather at the event in Brussels.
FOSDEM 2022 will take place on Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 February 2022. It will be an online event._
#### Important stuff:
- FOSDEM is free to attend. There is no registration.
- [FOSDEM website](https://fosdem.org/)
- [FOSDEM code of conduct](https://fosdem.org/2022/practical/conduct/)
- [Emulator devroom schedule](https://fosdem.org/2022/schedule/track/emulator_development/)
### Desirable topics
Really **anything** goes, but here are some ideas (for inspiration):
- Console emulator development
- Computer emulator development
- Hardware on hardware emulation
- OS emulation development
- Virtual Machine development
- Emulation legality
- Emulation history
#### Topic overlap
Some topics might be suitable or overlap with other rooms (such as our good friends from the [Retro room](https://fosdem.org/2022/schedule/track/retrocomputing/) or [Virtualization room](https://fosdem.org/2022/schedule/track/virtualization_and_iaas/)). In such cases we might contact the speaker and point that out, but ultimately it is up to the speaker where the talk should land.
#### Desirable speakers
We honestly don't care. Experienced speakers are very welcome, but hobbyists and/or first time speakers are also more than welcome. As long as you have passion and/or knowledge you care to share.
### How to submit your proposal
To submit a talk, please visit the [FOSDEM 2022 Pentabarf website](https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM22) (the mystery of whether pentabarf means barfing in 5 directions or in 5 colors has not been solved yet).
Create an **event** and click on **Show all** in the top right corner to display the full form.
### What should be in your submission
- short bio
- contact info
- title (funny titles are ~~required~~/appreciated)
- abstract (what you're gonna talk about)
### Important Dates
- **December 28th: submission deadline**
- FAQ - is the submission deadline final?
- Technically speaking, you can submit talks till pentabarf closes, which should be somewhere in January
- However, talks submitted before the 29th get a higher precedence
- ASAP: announcement selected talks
- January: speakers are contacted to upload pre-record sessions
- February 6th: FOSDEM! (with live Q&A during recorded talks)
### Contact us
- [Mahmoud Abdelghany](https://twitter.com/blackbeard0x14e)
- [Christophe Creeten](mailto:christophecreeten at hotmail.com)
- [Niels Renard](https://twitter.com/nielsrenard)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOSDEM