[FOSDEM] How was the final list of devrooms built?

Konstantin Osipov kostja.osipov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 09:41:46 UTC 2021

Hi,

Year over year I am watching the procedure for compiling the final
list of devrooms and each year I am surprised.

I know each year there are a lot of devroom submissions and a lot
of competition. But how is the final list compiled? It would be
nice if this process is more open with the community.

I can see there is a devroom for Ada and Dart but no devroom for
Rust or C++. There is a devroom for MySQL and MariaDB and no
devroom for *all* NoSQL systems combined. Are there no free nosql
databases?  Were there no devroom submissions for Rust or other
emerging programming languages?

Thanks,

--
Konstantin Osipov, Moscow, Russia