[FOSDEM] Raku Devroom CFP

Andrew Shitov andy at shitov.ru
Mon Dec 13 21:10:14 UTC 2021

I am pleased to announce that we will be running a Raku devroom at this
year's FOSDEM. The event will be online as the most recent Raku conference.
The Raku devroom is scheduled for Saturday February 5, 2021.

It is time to submit your talks and lightning talks. Proposed talk
durations: 15, 20, 30, and 45 minutes. Lightning talks are 5 minutes long.
Please visit this page to submit your talk:
https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM22. If you are unsure of how to
do that (submitting, not visiting), email at mail at raku.online for some help
or try asking at the #raku IRC channel at https://raku.org/community/irc.

Submission deadline: December 20, 2021.
Acceptance announcement: December 31, 2021.

We will later ask you to make a recording of your talk and upload the file.
But meanwhile, you don't need to have it. If you have a great idea to
share, just do it by submitting the talk.

Here are some of the possible topics for the talks:
- Creating a custom language using Raku grammars
- Migrating to Raku from other programming languages
- Starting a project from scratch in the Raku programming language
- Basic/Deep understanding of Raku design and implementation
- Implementation improvements, low-hanging fruits and deeper options
- Why Raku and not X?

This list is not any close to completion, and there are more ways to use
Raku and share the knowledge! By speaking at FOSDEM, you are not just
giving a talk for the Raku community, but you are exposing the language to
thousands of developers worldwide.

Submit here: https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM22

Official Raku site: https://raku.org
Weekly Raku news: https://rakudoweekly.blog/blog-feed/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/raku.perl6

The Code of Conduct: https://fosdem.org/2022/practical/conduct/ X
https://conf.raku.org/coc

Devroom contact: mail at raku.online

Social media tag: #rakulang

The whole world is looking forward to your Raku talk!

--
Andrew Shitov