[FOSDEM] Penta "Passwords do not match" error on save

Alasdair G Kergon agk at fosdem.org
Wed Dec 15 23:28:37 UTC 2021

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 02:08:49PM +0000, Orlin Vasilev wrote:
>    Got the same issue, happened when you try to save your profile info but
>    you don’t have the second field of password filled in!

Yes, this is a known problem with some web browsers that try to be helpful
by pre-filling one of the two password change fields.  It's not obvious if the
field is in a hidden tab that you didn't even view. Just blank out the field.
Maybe we should fix the back-end to ignore password change attempts unless
both fields are supplied.

Alasdair