[FOSDEM] Conference Organizing Devroom CFP

Wouter Verhelst wouter at fosdem.org
Thu Dec 23 11:09:04 UTC 2021

Hi all,

While we did receive a number of proposals to the below call for talks,
the number is fairly low, and thus there is definitely still some space
for more proposals.

As such, we are extending the deadline until the 31st of this month.

For the devroom organizers,

On Wed, Dec 01, 2021 at 11:21:27AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is the call for participation in the FOSDEM 2022 devroom on
> conference organisation. For the first time, FOSDEM will hold a devroom
> on all things related to organising a conference. We would like to
> invite any proposal for a talk or bof related to open source software
> and workflows relevant to organizing a conference, such as:
>
> - Volunteer management;
> - Scheduling and managing talks and events;
> - Online (virtual) conference workflows;
> - Recording and postprocessing of conference videos.
>
> Note that the above are just examples; any other subject related to
> conference management is welcome.
>
> Proposals should be made through FOSDEM's pentabarf system at
> https://penta.fosdem.org/submission no later than 2021-12-20, and accepted
> talks will be announced on 2021-12-31. Note that due to the online-only
> nature of FOSDEM 2022, talks will need to be prerecorded with a live Q&A
> session (if relevant); these will have to be uploaded into FOSDEM's
> system at a time to be announced later (sometime in January).
>
> Feel free to forward this CFP to other parties that may be interested!
>
> For the devroom organizers,

     w at uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}