[FOSDEM] [devroom-managers] Call for Participation: Network Devroom 2023

Alfredo Cardigliano cardigliano at ntop.org
Tue Nov 8 09:53:23 UTC 2022

We are pleased to announce the Call for Participation for the

FOSDEM 2023 (On-campus) Network Devroom

Important Dates
===============

    25th November         Submission deadline
    15th December         Announcement of selected talks
    4 & 5th February      Conference dates

About the devroom
=================

   The FOSDEM Network devroom hosts a diversity of talks covering open source
   networking projects and technologies. The scope of the Network devroom is
   broad and targets those software developers engaged in network design,
   monitoring, management and software development with open source tools.

   We typically host a variety of talks on Networking topics including:
   - Network monitoring (inventory, discovery & telemetry),
   - Network management (enterprise, carrier-grade, cloud, IoT)
   - Networking protocols (the full alphabet soup)
   - Cybersecurity (IPS, IDS, Deep-Packet Inspection)
   - Development tools (libraries, SDKs, plugins)
   - Network stacks

Suggested Topics
================

   If it moves network packets, monitors, or interacts with, or supervises
   entities that moves network packets, it is likely a topic the devroom is
   interested in. A very /non-exhaustive/ list of the projects and topics we
   would love to see on the schedule are:

    Monitoring   CheckMK, Icinga2, Naemon, ntop, Grafana, Prometheus, collectd
    Frameworks   DPDK, eBPF, XDP, FD.io
    Switching    Snabb, OpenvSwitch, Tungsten Fabric, Lagopus, FastClick
    Stacks       Linux, BSD, F-Stack
    Container    Kubernetes, Cilium, Falco
    Routing      FRRouting, BIRD, Go-BGP
    Management   ONAP, Ganglia, NetSNMP
    Security     Suricata, Snort, Zeek, OpenVAS, Wazuh, OPNsense
    Peer-to-peer DHTs, Gossip, hole punching
    Tooling      VSPerf, TRex, Moongen, Scapy, Warp17

   Talks should be aimed at a technical audience, but should not assume that
   attendees are already familiar with your project or how it solves a given
   problem. Talk proposals may cover very specific solutions to a problem, or may
   be a higher level project overview for lesser known projects.

Code of Conduct
===============

   [FOSDEM Code of Conduct]:

   We'd like to remind all speakers and attendees that all of the presentations
   and discussions in our devroom are held under the guidelines set in the CoC
   and we expect attendees, speakers, and volunteers to follow the CoC at all
   times.

   If you submit a proposal and it is accepted, you will be required to confirm
   that you accept the FOSDEM CoC. If you have any questions about the CoC or
   wish to have one of the devroom organizers review your presentation slides or
   any other content for CoC compliance, please email us and we will do our best
   to assist you.

[FOSDEM Code of Conduct] https://fosdem.org/2023/practical/conduct/

Proposals
=========

   Proposals should be made through the [FOSDEM Pentabarf submission tool]. You
   do not need to create a new Pentabarf account if you already have one from a
   past year.

   https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM23

   Please select the "Network" as the *track* and ensure you include the
   following information when submitting a proposal:

    Section  Field        Notes
    Person   Name(s)      Your first, last and public names.
    Person   Abstract     A short bio.
    Person   Photo        Please provide a photo.
    Event    Event Title  *This is the title of your talk* - please be descriptive to encourage attendance.
    Event    Abstract     Short abstract of one or two paragraphs.
    Event    Duration     Please indicate the length of your talk; 15 min, 30 min or 45 min

   The deadline for submissions is November 25th, 2022. FOSDEM will be
   held on the weekend of February 4-5, 2023 and the Network
   devroom will take place on Sunday, February 5, 2023 in Brussels, Belgium.

   Please also join the devroom’s mailing list, which is the official
   communication channel for the devroom:

Steering Committee

   Luca Deri
   Alfredo Cardigliano