[FOSDEM] Security Devroom: Call for Participation

Jakub Jelen jjelen at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 15:35:43 UTC 2022

Security Devroom is once again on FOSDEM'2023! And we need you!
Participants and speakers!

## Overview

When: Saturday, February 4th, 2023
Where: Brussels, Belgium at ULB
How: physical event

## Our topics this year

This is the Security Devroom and we invite you to submit a talk that
is relevant to security in the free software and open source world.
We don't exclude any relevant submission, but some suggested topics
include:

- Supply chain security: Trust and verifiability
- Software quality tools and best practices
- Cryptography: classic and post-quantum
- Hardware-assisted security improvements
- Security hardening, vulnerability handling and threat detection

## Submissions

Submissions require a small abstract and a short speaker description
and must be submitted [via the Pentabarf
system](https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM23)
no later than **1st of December 2022**. Suggested duration for a
timeslot to apply for is **25 minutes**
(20 min presentation + 5 mins questions). The schedule shall be
finalized by **15 December 2022**.

Instructions:

   * Go to https://fosdem.org/submit
   * If you don't have an account from previous years, register
   * Create a new event with your title and abstract and some
information about you
   * Be sure to set the event track to "Security devroom"
   * Subscribe to the
[security-devroom at lists.fosdem.org](https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/security-devroom)
mailing list for announcements
   * For more information: https://github.com/security-devroom/fosdem-2023

Looking forward to see you there!
In the name of Security Devroom organizational team,
--
Jakub Jelen
Crypto Team, Security Engineering