[FOSDEM] Call for participation: Graph Systems and Algorithms Devroom 2023
max.kiessling at neo4j.com
Tue Nov 8 11:07:36 UTC 2022
After two years without the Graph Systems and Algorithms Devroom we
want to bring back
together all the graph enthusiasts, researchers, developers,
practitioners out there to
talk about the latest advancements in the open source graph world.
We think that especially now it is important to create a space where
people can share their
ideas and gain new inspirations.
In the last year, many organizations added graph analytical
capabilities to their systems,
e.g. Neo4j, Arango DB and Redis graph, to fulfill the rising demand of
often to be executed on a steadily growing amount of data.
Graph based data science and machine learning approaches are becoming
more and more popular
with approaches like graph embeddings and graph neural networks.
Graph query languages became mainstream. GQL, an effort driven by many
graph database vendors,
will be the first query language since SQL standardized by the ISO.
Research groups work on
standardizing property graph schemas.
In previous devrooms we saw many great presentations and demos.
After two years of pandemic we want to provide a space for actors and
of graph solutions, researchers, geeks and open source hackers to
present their latest work.
As always, the devroom will invite both, beginners and experts.
Find all information at http://graphdevroom.github.io/
== Topics ==
* Graph Data Science - Graph based feature engineering, Graph Neural
* Graph applications - Research, use-cases, industry experience
* Graph Processing / Analytics Frameworks - Neo4j Graph Algorithms, PGX, etc.
* Graph database systems - Neo4j, ArangoDB, etc.
* Graph Query Languages - (open)Cypher, GQL, PGQL, GraphQL, etc.
* Graph Streaming and its applications
* Benchmarks - LDBC Graphalytics, etc.
* Graph Visualization
This list is not closed, other related topics are always welcome.
== How to Apply ==
This year's Graph Systems and Algorithms Devroom will be half a
day. In order to give as many people as possible the chance to present
their work, every slot will be 25 minutes long, including 5 minutes of
Talks are submitted via FOSDEM's conference system Pentabarf.
In order to submit a talk please follow these steps:
- Head over to https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM2
- Create an account if you do not have one already and sign in
- Make sure your profile information is up to date, including an image and
- Click on "Create Event"
- Enter the details of your talk
- The title and a short abstract describing your presentation/demo/talk
(max. 500 words)
- The intended audience
- Links and background information
- Make sure to select the "Graph Systems and Algorithms devroom" track
- Make sure to select a duration of 25 minutes (including 5 minutes Q&A)
== Important Dates ==
2022-11-08 - Devroom CFP starts
2022-12-11 - Devroom CFP ends
2023-02-04 - FOSDEM starts
2023-02-04 - Graph Systems and Algorithms Devroom
2023-02-05 - FOSDEM ends
See you soon!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOSDEM