[FOSDEM] CfP Software Defined Storage devroom FOSDEM23
jan at fajerski.name
Thu Nov 10 09:49:51 UTC 2022
FOSDEM is a free software event that offers open source communities a place to
meet, share ideas and collaborate. It is well known for being highly
developer-oriented and in the past brought together 8000+ participants from
all over the world. Its home is in the city of Brussels (Belgium).
FOSDEM 2023 will take place as an in-person event during the weekend of February
4./5. 2023. More details about the event can be found at http://fosdem.org/
** Call For Participation
The Software Defined Storage devroom will go into its seventh round for talks
around Open Source Software Defined Storage projects, management tools
and real world deployments.
Presentation topics could include but are not limited too:
- Your work on a SDS project like Ceph, Gluster, OpenEBS, CORTX or Longhorn
- Your work on or with SDS related projects like OpenStack SWIFT or Container
- Management tools for SDS deployments
- Monitoring tools for SDS clusters
** Important dates:
- Dec 10th 2022: submission deadline for talk proposals
- Dec 15th 2022: announcement of the final schedule
- Feb 4th 2023: Software Defined Storage dev room
Talk proposals will be reviewed by a steering committee:
- Niels de Vos (Red Hat)
- Jan Fajerski (Red Hat)
We also welcome additional volunteers to help with making this devroom a
Use the FOSDEM 'pentabarf' tool to submit your proposal:
- If necessary, create a Pentabarf account and activate it.
Please reuse your account from previous years if you have
already created it.
- In the "Person" section, provide First name, Last name
(in the "General" tab), Email (in the "Contact" tab)
and Bio ("Abstract" field in the "Description" tab).
- Submit a proposal by clicking on "Create event".
- If you plan to register your proposal in several tracks to increase your
chances, don't! Register your talk once, in the most accurate track.
- Presentations have to be pre-recorded before the event and will be streamed
on the event weekend.
- Important! Select the "Software Defined Storage devroom" track
(on the "General" tab).
- Provide the title of your talk ("Event title" in the "General" tab).
- Provide a description of the subject of the talk and the
intended audience (in the "Abstract" field of the "Description" tab)
- Provide a rough outline of the talk or goals of the session (a short
list of bullet points covering topics that will be discussed) in the
"Full description" field in the "Description" tab
- Provide an expected length of your talk in the "Duration" field.
We suggest a length between 15 and 45 minutes.
** Recording of talks
The FOSDEM organizers plan to have live streaming and recording fully working,
both for remote/later viewing of talks, and so that people can watch streams
in the hallways when rooms are full. This requires speakers to consent to
being recorded and streamed. If you plan to be a speaker, please understand
that by doing so you implicitly give consent for your talk to be recorded and
streamed. The recordings will be published under the same license as all
FOSDEM content (CC-BY).
Hope to hear from you soon! And please forward this announcement.
If you have any further questions, please write to the mailing list at
storage-devroom at lists.fosdem.org and we will try to answer as soon as
More information about the FOSDEM