[FOSDEM] Call for Participation: Nix and NixOS Devroom 2023

Ryan Lahfa ryan at lahfa.xyz
Thu Nov 10 11:59:05 UTC 2022

# FOSDEM 2023: Nix and NixOS devroom

So, we got [a devroom at FOSDEM 2023](https://fosdem.org/2023/news/2022-11-07-accepted-developer-rooms/)! 🎊 This means you, the community, will have yet another chance to give talks about everything Nix! This will be, as far as we're aware, *the first* time Nix got its own devroom at FOSDEM, and this in the same year Nix will celebrate its 20th birthday. So, let's make it a good first edition. 

FOSDEM is [in their words](https://fosdem.org/2023/),

> FOSDEM is a free event for software developers to meet, share ideas and collaborate.
>
> Every year, thousands of developers of free and open source software from all over the world gather at the event in Brussels.

Thanks to Matthew Croughan, Ryan Lahfa, Théophane Hufschmitt and Bryan Honof for submitting devroom proposals. We found out that more than one group submitted for a devroom during NixCon. 😓

## Calls for Participation

We are looking for talks about Nix, use-cases of Nix or any related project.
Do keep in mind however that FOSDEM being a community event, we won't accept any vendor or sales pitch.

The talks can either be _lightning talks_ (5 mins) or _full-featured talks_ (20 mins).

## Practical Information

- The CfP is hosted by FOSDEM themselves. Head over to [Pentabarf, their CfP platform](https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM23), and follow the instructions on the landing page. Most fields are optional, just make sure that you:
    - Set the “Track” to “Nix and NixOS”
    - Set the “Event type” to either “Lightning talk” or “Presentation”
    - Fill in the “Event Title” and “Short Abstract”
- Should Pentabarf fail you, feel free to send us a mail with the relevant information to nix-devroom-manager at fosdem.org.
- Presentation proposals should be submitted before 2022-12-07 23:59 CET. The list of accepted talks and the program will be announced on 2022-12-15.

- FOSDEM takes place in Brussels on the first weekend of February 2023 (2023-02-04 and 2023-02-05).
  The Nix devroom is set for 2023-02-05 in the afternoon (the precise time slot is still TBD, but it should start around 13:00 and end at 17:00).

Further information will be available here: <https://discourse.nixos.org/t/fosdem-2023-nix-and-nixos-devroom/23133>.

--
Théophane, Ryan, Julien, Matthew, Bryan