[FOSDEM] Call for Participation: Nix and NixOS Devroom 2023

Ryan Lahfa ryan at lahfa.xyz
Thu Nov 10 11:59:05 UTC 2022

# FOSDEM 2023: Nix and NixOS devroom

So, we got [a devroom at FOSDEM 2023](https://fosdem.org/2023/news/2022-11-07-accepted-developer-rooms/)! 🎊 This means you, the community, will have yet another chance to give talks about everything Nix! This will be, as far as we're aware, *the first* time Nix got its own devroom at FOSDEM, and this in the same year Nix will celebrate its 20th birthday. So, let's make it a good first edition. 

FOSDEM is [in their words](https://fosdem.org/2023/),

> FOSDEM is a free event for software developers to meet, share ideas and collaborate.
>
> Every year, thousands of developers of free and open source software from all over the world gather at the event in Brussels.

Thanks to Matthew Croughan, Ryan Lahfa, ThĂ©ophane Hufschmitt and Bryan Honof for submitting devroom proposals. We found out that more than one group submitted for a devroom during NixCon. 😓

## Calls for Participation

We are looking for talks about Nix, use-cases of Nix or any related project.
Do keep in mind however that FOSDEM being a community event, we won't accept any vendor or sales pitch.

The talks can either be _lightning talks_ (5 mins) or _full-featured talks_ (20 mins).

## Practical Information

- The CfP is hosted by FOSDEM themselves. Head over to [Pentabarf, their CfP platform](https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM23), and follow the instructions on the landing page. Most fields are optional, just make sure that you:
    - Set the “Track” to “Nix and NixOS”
    - Set the “Event type” to either “Lightning talk” or “Presentation”
    - Fill in the “Event Title” and “Short Abstract”
- Should Pentabarf fail you, feel free to send us a mail with the relevant information to nix-devroom-manager at fosdem.org.
- Presentation proposals should be submitted before 2022-12-07 23:59 CET. The list of accepted talks and the program will be announced on 2022-12-15.

- FOSDEM takes place in Brussels on the first weekend of February 2023 (2023-02-04 and 2023-02-05).
  The Nix devroom is set for 2023-02-05 in the afternoon (the precise time slot is still TBD, but it should start around 13:00 and end at 17:00).

Further information will be available here: <https://discourse.nixos.org/t/fosdem-2023-nix-and-nixos-devroom/23133>.

--
Théophane, Ryan, Julien, Matthew, Bryan