[FOSDEM] Call for Participation: Erlang, Elixir, Gleam & Friends Devroom 2024
arnaldo.cesco at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 09:58:36 UTC 2023
# Call for Participation
The Erlang, Elixir, Gleam and Friends Devroom will take place in person at
FOSDEM on **Saturday (morning), 3rd February 2024**.
We invite authors to submit original, high-quality work with sufficient
background material to be clear to the BEAM community.
We welcome any talk proposals about BEAM-related projects. Topics of
interest include, but are not limited to:
- Languages running on the BEAM (Erlang, Elixir, Gleam, et al.)
- Introduction to the language
- Recent features and roadmap
- Interesting libraries
- Open Source projects that run on the BEAM
- Scalability and reliability
- Community initiatives
## Talk length
For the talk length we will support different slots:
- Long (40 minutes, including Q&A)
- Short (20 minutes, including Q&A)
- Lightning (5 minutes, no Q&A)
Please specify your preferred slot length, but note that we could ask
submitters to fit into a different slot for scheduling purposes.
## Submission details
Please be aware of the fact that Devroom talks at FOSDEM will be recorded.
By submitting a proposal you agree to being recorded and to have your talk
Submissions must include:
- Title (Event title in Pretalx)
These additional details must be included in the 'Submission notes' section:
- Desired slot length (please specify if you're willing to accept a
shorter slot if there's the need)
- Expected prior knowledge / intended audience
- Speaker bio
- Links to previous talks by the speaker (optional)
- Links to code / slides / material for the talk (optional)
Note that this year the submission system changed from Pentabarf to Pretalx
and accounts were not migrated: you will have to create a new Pretalx
Submit your proposal here: https://pretalx.fosdem.org/fosdem-2024/cfp
When logged in, click on the ‘Submit a Proposal’ button to create your talk
proposal. Before submitting your talk in Pretalx, please make sure that
Erlang, Elixir, Gleam & Friends Devroom is selected as the Track, and also
that the duration is the correct one.
If you have issues with Pretalx any other questions do not despair! Reach
us at erlang-devroom-manager at fosdem.org.
## Important dates
- Call for participation opens: **10 November 2023**
- Call for participation closes: **11 December 2023**
- Devroom schedule available: **15 December 2023**
- Devroom day: **Saturday, 3 February 2024 (9:00-12:50)**
See you in Brussels!
Erlang, Elixir, Gleam and Friends devroom managers:
- Arnaldo Cesco
- Davide Bettio
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOSDEM