[freejava] Free Java devroom schedule published (PLEASE REVIEW)

Tom Marble tmarble at info9.net
Fri Jan 7 02:25:40 CET 2011

All:

I'm pleased to announce that we have selected talks for the
Free Java devroom at FOSDEM 2011!

http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2011/Fosdem/TalkSchedule

Accepting and scheduling the talks was tricky due to the
large number of outstanding submissions and our limited
time constraints.  Many of the talks are a little shorter
than the speakers originally intended.  The benefit, however,
is that we have given ample break time in the schedule
(and we won't start too early on Sunday :) ).

ACTION for Speakers by Sunday 9 January:

  Please review your bio on the JavaSpeakers page [1] and make
  any corrections/additions necessary BY SUNDAY as these
  will be sent to the FOSDEM organizers for the official program.
  (Or let Tom know and I'll update the wiki).

ACTION for Speakers

  It would be fantastic if we could collect all the presentation
  slides in advance so we can avoid the typical laptop
  plugin-and-debug-resolution dance.  Of course this would
  mean we would need to agree on a target resolution
  (e.g. SXGA 1280x1024 [2]) and presentation format
  (e.g. Open Document Format [3]).  Of course it may be
  very difficult to present demos...  If anyone has ideas
  on how to do this successfully (even with an alternate
  format [4]) please start (or chime in) to a new thread
  on this list.

ACTION for All:

  if you haven't already to get Free Java devroom announcements including
  updates on the LibreDinner Saturday [6].

ACTION for All by 31 January:

  Please create a new, strong GPG key (if you don't have one already)
  and upload it to the FOSDEM KSP server. You *must* do this
  in advance to participate in the keysigning [7]. Please note
  it can be a little tricky to insure your system is configured
  with a strong key and is ready to make strong signatures [8].
  Ask Tom if you have any questions. What good is a key? The
  community is working on interesting new uses for the Web-Of-Trust [9].

Thanks to everyone that has proposed a talk. We have an awesome
lineup and we'll have a great time in Brussels!

Regards,

--Tom

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2011/Fosdem/JavaSpeakers
[2] https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Display_resolution