FOSDEM 2014 - Talk proposal: "Enhanced Oblivion"

Jens Wilke jw_list at headissue.com
Sun Dec 1 19:40:44 CET 2013

Hello everybody,

I'd like to join the 2014 java dev room with a talk. Proposal:

Title: Enhanced oblivion

Abstract:

One of the key concepts in IT is caching. Of course, there is lots of caching
happening within Java applications, too. However, some Java caching products
are dead and others seam a little stale. Hey, LRU was invented long ago, what
about recent cache algorithms?

I'll talk about modern cache eviction algorithms, why we should care
(or not care), what improvements are possible and how to use the cache as
a swiss army knife within your application.

Maybe, I'll also have some short remarks on the Java Caching Standard
(JSR107).

Speakers: Jens Wilke, headissue GmbH

Started hacking on Open Source in 1993, but got lost in translation meanwhile.
Most of the time he is fiddleling around to improve performance within Java
applications or to remind fellow colleagues that this program statement might
have a serious power drain.

As part time general manager of headissue he also works on a holistic
approach on optimization. Since this produced no substantial results
and needs restarting from time to time, it is now called iterative
development.

If not working, he enjoys nature on a sailing boat or is playing drums.

Recording us on audio and/or video is acceptable under a
CC-By-SA-3.0-USA license.

Blog / Microblog: not yet....

--
"Everything superfluous is wrong!"

   // Jens Wilke - headissue GmbH - Germany
 \//  http://www.headissue.com