Accepted talks and schedule

Mario Torre neugens.limasoftware at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 21:14:27 CET 2013

Hi all!

It's time to announce the talks that we will present at FOSDEM this year.

It has been a very difficult choice, all the presentations are of very high
quality, and is very unfortunate that we had to pick only a subset of them,
but especially this year we only had one single day.

We hope the speakers that for a reason or another we were not able to
select this time won't be upset with us! As we've been doing every year,
and in a way compatible with our resources, we'll try to make up for this
with a special surprise, so stay tuned and check your inbox in the coming
days :)

So, without further ado, here's the list of the presentations, with the
schedule:

11:00 - 11:25 The State of OpenJDK
11:30 - 11:55 OpenJDK on AArch64 Update
12:00 - 12:25 Shenandoah - an ultra-low pause-time GC for OpenJDK
12:30 - 12:55 The OpenJDK PowerPC/AIX port endgame

14:00 - 14:25 What a Long Strange Trip It's Been: The Past, Present and
Future of Java
14:30 - 14:55 The Evolution of Android's runtime
15:00 - 15:25 Adding support for OpenJDK 8 to JamVM
15:30 - 15:55 Ji Gong: Proposal for High Availability JVM Technology on All
Platforms
16:00 - 16:25 The Java Native Runtime
16:30 - 16:55 From Webrev to Betterrev: Facilitating Contributions to
OpenJDK
17:00 - 17:25 JDK 7 Updates: Lessons Learned
17:30 - 17:55 Thermostat 1.0, two years of awesomness and beyond

18:00 - 19:00 Governing Board Meeting

We will also notify speakers that are selected directly via mail in the
next days.

I wish to thank everybody for your support and for making the Free Java
DevRoom an incredible event once again! See you in Bruxelles!

Cheers,
Mario
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

IcedRobot: www.icedrobot.org
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/