[FreeJava-devroom] Acceptes talks

Mario Torre neugens.limasoftware at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 17:28:56 CET 2013

Hello all!

This year we received a number of interesting talks. I'm very sorry we
could not accept all of them, but the conference is packed in two days
and we had to do some cut.

I wish to thank *everybody* who submitted their talks, I know is
something that is used to say in those cases, but for us is no doubt
real: all the talks where of extremely high level and quality.

We've been working extra to make sure the best possible experience is
delivered and this is the list of the talks who made the final
deadline and where voted by the Free Java Committee:

Porting OpenJDK to AArch64
Power to the people, the OpenJDK PowerPC/AIX port
The State of OpenJDK
OpenJDK Governing Board Q&A Panel Session
OpenJDK Lambda the Ultimate.
Invokedynamic: Tales from the Trenches
The return of the Shark
Adopt OpenJDK. What we've learned, where we're going.
A New OSI For A New Era
What Java Can Learn from the Rise of JavaScript?
Thermostat: The road from 0.1 to 1.0, a success story (in progress)
JogAmp Fast Media & Processing regardless whether the JVM is slow or not :)
A Research Platform for Java and Other (Crazy?) Ideas
(R)evolution of Java packaging in Linux
JCP state of the nation and future directions
Android 292
Getting up and running with Nashorn & OpenJFX
OpenJDK7u, progress and highlights
A F/OSS Garbage Collection Visualizer
The Beauty and the Beast: the story of a make up.

I'm adding the schedule on the FOSDEM website now, it should be online
in the next hours hopefully.

Thanks again and see you all at FOSDEM!

Cheers,
Mario
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

IcedRobot: www.icedrobot.org
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/