DevRoom: OpenJDK Adoption Group Q&A

Mario Torre neugens.limasoftware at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 12:30:53 CET 2014

* Title

OpenJDK Adoption Group Q&A

* Abstract

There's a ton of stuff going on in OpenJDK, projects, repositories, bug
database, experiments. This is a lot of potential fun, but the entrance
barrier for newcomers is extremely high, and it's easy to get lost and
not enjoy the fun anymore. In order to help people wanting to contribute
keep track of this intricate forest of development and find their way
out, the Adoption Group was created
(http://openjdk.java.net/groups/adoption/).

This session is an exchange between few of the hackers directly involved
with the Adoption Group and the public. We will indeed discuss some of
the projects we are currently involved with - like the planned global
hack days for jsonp, jigsaw and tools that use jigsaw and http 2.0 with
language interoperability - but above all we will answer questions the
audience may have in relation to getting involved with OpenJDK, both
from a technical perspective and a social one, so that next year you can
sit together with us helping even more people to jump on the fun!

If you need help organising your next hackday, or you are completely
lost tying to get started with OpenJDK, this is the session for you!

* Recording on audio and/or video

No

* Speakers

OpenJDK Adoption Group members

--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Java Champion - Blog: http://neugens.wordpress.com - Twitter: @neugens
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards: