DevRoom Proposal: Packaging Java for Linux Next Steps: OSGi Bundles and Eclipse

Mat Booth mat.booth at redhat.com
Sat Dec 6 12:43:31 CET 2014

Title: Packaging Java for Linux Next Steps: OSGi Bundles and Eclipse

Abstract:

Packaging Java software for Linux distributions has notoriously been difficult and problematic. Even with recent advances in packaging for projects using maven and related build tools, there are still many islands in the Java eco-system that remain extremely difficult for Linux distros to package. Eclipse projects are one such island.

Is this talk we will discuss the build systems in use by Eclipse projects, what problems they posed for Linux distro packaging and what we did to improve the situation.

Speakers: Mat Booth, Red Hat UK

Video and audio recording okay under a CC license.

Mat Booth
Software Engineer, Red Hat Eclipse Team