Accepted talks

Mario Torre neugens.limasoftware at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 10:27:18 CET 2015

Hello all,

It has been a difficult decision, the number of quality submission was
extremely high as usual, and if we had more time, we would have
accepted them all.

This year, it has been complicated by the fact that that there was
some confusion over the appropriate place where to direct them, Penta,
this mailing list, and my own private mail address which led to a bit
of delay since I had to sort all of the proposals and be sure I didn't
miss any before the voting could start (btw, the best answer is: this
mailing list!).

Anyway, without further ado, here is the list of presentations, in no
particular order (some presentations have multiple authors, I'm only
listing one here for reference):

* Optimizing Above the JVM in JRuby 9000 - Charles Oliver Nutter
* This Is Not A Drill - Preparing for JDK 9 - Dalibor Topić
* Adoption's Group Cultural Guide to OpenJDK - Adoption Group Members
* Hunting the bug from Hell - Andrew Haley
* The HotSpot Whitebox-Testing API - Volker Simonis
* Shenandoah, Theory and Practice - Christine Flood
* ARM32 support in our lifetimes - Edward Nevill
* The State of OpenJDK - Mark Reinhold
* Java 9: Juggling the Jigsaw - Mark Reinhold
* Beyond Java 9 - Mark Reinhold
* Huge code bases - Application monitoring with Hystrix - Roman Mohr
* RetroPi Handheld Raspberry Pi Gaming Console - Stephen Chin
* Zulu and OpenJDK for Embedded Java Development - Simon Ritter
* Insights into the Eclipse IDE open source project - Lars Vogel
* Thermostat for Developers - Mario Torre
* Marlin renderer, a successful fork and join the OpenJDK 9 project -
Laurent Bourgès
* Bug hunting with Apache Lucene - Uwe Schindler
* Displaying Application Events in Thermostat Using Byteman - Andrew Dinn
* Dotty, a next generation Scala compiler - Guillaume Martres
* Fault Injection Testing With BMUnit - Andrew Dinn
* JEP 243: Java-Level JVM Compiler Interface and what it can be used
for - Christian Thanlinger

I will also send mails directly to all the speakers in the next few
hours. I will also start working on the schedule next, with updates on
this mailing list (and on the FOSDEM website).

I wish to thank every one that took the time to submit a proposal.

Cheers,
Mario
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Java Champion - Blog: http://neugens.wordpress.com - Twitter: @neugens
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards: